In 2002, Lydia Stern dared to believe that she could turn her long-time love of beads and jewelry making into a full time, successful business. In October of that year, she saw the realization of her dream as Beadlush opened its doors in a small retail space on Central Avenue in Charlotte, NC. Her first customers found a nice selection of natural and glass beads (many of which were directly from Lydia’s own coveted bead collection!), some seed beads, some crystal, a general stock of sterling silver and gold-filled findings, and a proprietor who offered her skills and advice. Not bad for day one!
Since then, though, Lydia and her bead divas have steadily expanded their offerings thanks to her keen eye and deep knowledge of the beading world, and a steady flow of fantastic customers. These days, Beadlush offers:
- A full-stock and wide range of natural stone beads, both on the strand and loose
- Pendants of all sizes in unique cuts and hard-to-find shapes
- A case full of Swarovski crystals ranging from the tiny 3mm bicones to some of the most unique vintage crystal beads you’ll ever find
- Pearl options galore that range in color, size and shape
- Vintage beads and components you won’t see anywhere else
- A plethora of findings and chain not only in sterling silver and gold-fill, but also a full range of base metal options in copper, antique copper, gun metal, antique brass and silver plate
- Gorgeous, high-quality glass beads, both on the strand and loose
- A full range of seed beads, including (but not limited to!) Miyuki delicas in various sizes and so many delicious colors
- Bead weaving supplies, glass-blowing supplies, and lots more!
And besides all that? Beadlush’s classes have expanded from Basic Beading and Basic Earrings to the almost 40 classes offered today!
Things were going so well that in the fall of 2004, Beadlush moved into a spacious old home at 1217 The Plaza in Plaza Midwood. This "new" location is right around the corner from the original spot, but what a difference a block and a few years makes! We’re proud to be going strong in our seventh year as Central Charlotte’s premier bead store, and we look forward to serving all your beading needs in the years to come!
Charlotte Bead Services | Charlotte's Premier Bead Store | Jewelry Making Charlotte | Beaded Jewelry Services in Charlotte